Depression Therapy Dublin 14
We all feel sad or mildly depressed from time to time and while it’s not pleasant it’s not our normal state and we know it will pass. If the depression lasts more than two weeks, and chronic sufferers average six horrible months, we are clinically depressed. We cannot enjoy the simplest of life’s pleasures and we can see no way out. That’s when we need to ask for help. Working with a therapist this seemingly hopeless state can be reversed, it can be eased and even eradicated completely. Remember it’s not who you are! It’s where you are right now.
“It’s not suffering that leads to hopelessness. It’s suffering you think you can’t control”
(Marty Seligman and Steve Maier, Journal of Experimental Psychology, Vol 74 No 1, May 1967)
- Feeling sad or down a lot of the time, even without reason.
- Feelings of despair that you can’t escape.
- You don’t feel anything and have lost the ability to feel happy.
- Feeling exhausted and lacking energy all the time.
- Continuous mood swings, changing from happy to despairing.
- The things you liked before make you feeling numb or uninterested.
- Feeling that you don’t want to talk to family or friends.
- Difficulty concentrating or losing interest in your work.
- Putting on or losing a lot of weight.
- Problems falling asleep or you can’t get up in the morning.
- Suffering from postnatal depression after having a baby.
- Feeling guilty or feeling worthless as a person.
- Thinking that it would be a relief to die or hurt yourself.
Book Your Appointment
Call Me: 087 8112006